The realtor called us today to let us know the buyer's house inspection is booked for Sunday at 11 am. Glad it's sooner rather than later, but shocked that it is being done on a Sunday, although I guess they work, so perhaps that's the only time they can be here.
We have decided to go to Ottawa whilst it is being done as it can take several hours. We are going to go to Ikea to take a look at furniture etc. We need to decide if we should take furniture with us or sell it this end and buy new in Alberta.
Most of our furniture is getting to the point that we would be replacing soon anyway, so other than taking it just so we have something, there isn't really any other reason to take it. We would also need to hire a trailer to fit everything in and the cost of that alone for a couple of weeks is $700, plus we would probably have to rent some storage space for it when we got to Alberta as we won't have any accommodation at that point. Also, we will need to use extra fuel as we will be towing, so all in all, taking our furniture etc will cost us a couple of thousand dollars and we are not sure it's worth it.
The open house booked in for Sunday has been cancelled too as it would clash with the inspection. Hopefully all goes well and we won't need to have one at all.